Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mama Bear roars!



You see this sweet face? No...not the one gazing lovingly at his mommy. The other one. That's my sister. Yes, she is very sweet too, until you mess with someone she loves.

She cut me off before I could finish telling her my story of woe. She instructed me to put down the phone with her, call social services and open up a can of you-know-what. Forget about all of this spiritual, patience, nicey nice stuff.

I didn't realize that I needed this kick in the pants until I followed her instructions. I've had not only 1, but 2 conversations with 2 different social workers in the last 30 minutes. They are very clear that Mama Fox is ready for a cub. I've been assured that our case is the next to process on the list.

Thanks sis!

1 comment:

Deirdre said...

Good for you! I read something once about faith (and I'm totally going to garble it): Having faith doesn't mean you sit back and wait for things to happen for you—that's just laziness; it means you work hard for what you want, trusting that your efforts will produce the results that were meant to happen.

Totally ineloquent, but you get the message. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing the hard work to make sure everyone involved in this adoption does the work they need to do, too. I can't wait for your good news!!